1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons hemp seeds (hulled)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup + 1 ½ tablespoons coconut palm or brown sugar
1/3 cup margarine
1 ½ tablespoons almond milk
2 cups frozen red raspberries
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line a 9 × 9 inch baking dish with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking powder, hemp seeds, cinnamon, and ½ cup of the sugar. Cut in margarine until crumbly. Stir in almond milk to make a crumbly dough.
4. Pour about 2/3 of the crumbly dough into the bottom of the baking dish and pat down.
5. In a small bowl, toss together raspberries, lemon juice and 1 ½ tablespoons sugar. Pour evenly over crumbly dough.
6. Top with remaining crumbly dough, spreading out evenly over raspberries.
7. Place uncovered in oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Slice into 9 squares and serve immediately. Store leftovers in airtight container in the refrigerator.