¾ granulated sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup all purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla
12-ounce bag of frozen raspberries
½ cup of chopped pecans, for topping
1 tablespoons granulated sugar, for topping
1tablespoons lemon juice, for topping
1 teaspoon cinnamon, for topping
Whipped cream, for serving
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a bowl. Add the eggs one at a time and continue to beat until well incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, vanilla and beat well.
- Pour the batter into a 9 or 10-inch prepared pan and spread evenly in the pan.
- Place the frozen raspberries on top of the batter.
- Sprinkle with pecans, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- Bake for about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool. Serve directly from the pan or turnout on a cake plate.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Nutrition per serving (1 slice, 1/8 of cake without whipped cream):
- calories: 280
- fat: 13g
- cholesterol: 75mg
- carbohydrate: 38g
- sugar: 23g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 4g
- sodium: 80mg