Raspberry Ginger Glazed Salmon
For Raspberry Sriracha Ginger Glaze:
4 ounces or about 1 cup ginger, peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick
4 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
1 cup Mirin
1 cup apple juice
1 cup water
1-2 teaspoons (adjusted heat to desired level) Sriracha sauce
For Glazed Salmon:
4 filet portions, raw (5 ounces each) salmon
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Black fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and olive oil. Set aside.
- Next, make the Raspberry Sriracha Ginger Glaze. Combine all ingredients in medium sauce pan and cook over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced by one-third and slightly thickened. (Note: the Sriracha sauce increases in heat level when the sauce is reduced.)
- Remove from and heat and strain through fine mesh strainer into two small-sized bowls. (Note: This can be kept in the refrigerator prior to use.)
- Brush the first batch of Raspberry Sriracha Ginger Glaze onto seasoned salmon portions prior to baking.
- Place salmon filets on a baking sheet and place in hot oven.
- Bake about 8 to 12 minutes until salmon is done and remove pan from oven
- At the end of the baking, prior to service, brush the second batch of glaze onto the salmon. Use about 1/2 to 1 ounce of glaze per salmon portion.
- Nutrition per 1 fluid ounce:
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 25mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 1g