Raspberry, Avocado & Mango Salad
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
8 cups mixed salad greens
1 ripe mango, diced (see Tip)
1 small ripe avocado, diced
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts, or sliced almonds (see Tip), optional
- Puree 1/2 cup raspberries, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender until combined.
- Combine greens, mango, avocado and onion in a large bowl. Pour the dressing on top and gently toss to coat. Divide the salad among 5 salad plates. Top each with the remaining raspberries and sprinkle with nuts, if using.
- Tips: To dice a mango:
- Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
- With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
- Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
- Cut the fruit into the desired shape.
- To toast chopped or sliced nuts, heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Calories: 215
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 122mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 3g