3 ½ pounds baby back ribs (or thereabouts)
1 ¾ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 chipotle chili en adobo
1 ⅓ cup frozen raspberries
¼ cup honey
¾ cup apple cider
- Cut the racks of ribs into sections that are 2 ribs each. Scatter with 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- Use a chef’s knife to mince the chipotle chili into a puree.
- Put the raspberries in a large glass or ceramic bowl and microwave on high for 1 ½ minutes to defrost. Whisk in the honey, apple cider, and 2 teaspoons of the pureed chipotle. Put the ribs into the bowl and toss to coat.
- Arrange the ribs standing up on their sides along the interior edge of the Instant Pot, working your way towards the center in a concentric circle. Pour the glaze remaining in the bowl over the ribs. Secure the lid to the Instant Pot and close the vent.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Manual’ for 30 minutes. When it’s done, allow it to release naturally for 15 minutes. Release the vent, open the lid, and transfer the ribs, flesh-side-up, to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Turn the Instant Pot to “Saute” to reduce the glaze until it is the consistency of gravy, 15 minutes or so. Keep an eye on it, stirring occasionally, so the glaze doesn’t burn. If you like your ribs on the spicy side, add another ½ teaspoon or more of minced chipotles to the glaze. Pour the glaze into a small bowl and use a spoon to skim the fat off the top.
- Set the oven rack to the highest level and turn it to broil. Brush the Chipotle Raspberry Glaze generously over the tops and sides of the ribs. Broil until the glaze bubbles and browns a bit.