Almond Butter Griddlecakes with Smashed Maple Raspberries
½ cup + 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
¼ cup almond meal
¼ cup oats
½ tablespoon baking powder
¼ banana, mashed
5 Tablespoons almond butter
1 cup reduced fat milk
1 cup frozen raspberries divided into 2 half cups
¼ cup maple syrup
- In small saucepan mix ½ cup frozen raspberries with maple syrup and cook gently until warm.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In separate smaller bowl beat egg with smashed banana, almond butter, and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl and mix well. Allow to stand for at least 10 minutes.
- On a hot griddle, spoon in about 1/4 cup batter and gently spread. Drop 4-5 frozen raspberries on top of raw batter. Cook until golden and then flip.
- Serve with warm raspberry syrup.